Sunday, July 27, 2014

Matthew 6:25-34 - King Jesus Claims Your 'NOW'! (Part 12)

INTRODUCTION
     Matthew 6:24

I.  Jesus commands Kingdom citizens, "DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT YOUR LIFE"  (6:25-32)
    A.  How does a believer know if he/she is living the anxious life Jesus forbids?
    B.  What are the results of living an anxious life?
          1.  False World View (6:26-30)
          2.  Little Faith (6:30)
          3.  Indistinguishable life from the Heathen (6:31-32)

II.  Jesus commands Kingdom citizens, "SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS" (6:33)
     A. "SEEK"
     B. There is no second thing to seek.
     C. God's Promise
     D. How does the believer repent from living a life of anxiety to living a life of faith?
          Answer these questions:
                        1. Are you a follower of Jesus Christ?
                       
                        2. Do you believe that Christ abides in you?
  • Through Christ, I am dead to sin and spiritually alive (Romans 6:11).
  • Through Christ, I am forgiven (Colossians 2:13-14).
  • Through Christ, I am crucified with Him (Galatians 2:20).
  • Through Christ, I am declared righteous (1 Corinthians 1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
  • Through Christ, I am God's possession (Titus 2:14).
  • Through Christ, I am heir of God (Romans 8:17).
  • Through Christ, I am blessed with all spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3).
  • Through Christ, I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20).
  • Through Christ, I am victorious over Satan (Luke 10:19).
  • Through Christ, I am secure in Him (1 Peter 1:3-5).
  • Through Christ, I am loved by God (1 John 4:10).


                        3.What do you really believe about God's sovereignty? Romans 8:28

                   4. Practice your faith.                         (Philippians 4:9)
  • (Philippians 4:4)
  • (Philippians 4:5; Psalm 46:10; 1 Peter 5:6ff
  • (Philippians 4:6-7; Matthew 6:9-15)
  • (Philippians 4:8; Romans 12:2a)

     E. The Kingdom citizen's resolve (6:34)


CONCLUSION



Audio:

No comments:

Post a Comment